Sunday, July 15, 2012

What I Bought - Week of July 14, 2012

This week has been stressful since I am awaiting the move to my new apartment (August 1st!) and the start of school. I am even considering changing my major yet again (if this next one doesn't work out I might try to go for lumberjack or Disney princess). I met with an advisor from New College at U of A, and he explained that I could design my own major. I've been selling vintage online for a year now, and now that I've gotten a feel for it I feel confident in saying that my dream career involves selling vintage. The fact that I can tailor my career to make me an efficient and knowledgeable seller (without having to go to business school) is insanely exciting. This, of course, is going against the expectations of some people close to me, but life is way too short not to do whatever I am most passionate about.

Now that I'm done thinking out loud, I'll show you some of the things I picked up this week. On Thursday I went to an estate sale in town that had a lot of Danish modern furniture and retro housewares. Even though I waited an hour or so before going so I wouldn't have to push through the crowds, I still came out with a couple of neat items.


Dansk casserole pan and a 1940s Girl Scouts handbook w/ dust jacket (can't wait to look through it!) 


Mint place mats and napkins, folksy tablecloth and napkins, and a rooster print luncheon set of place mats, napkins, and a cute apron


Saturday, I checked out an antique store I hadn't been to in a while, and I came home with some things for the shop. They were priced low and I know the market for these items, so I think I can at least double my money (or better, hopefully, so I can buy more things for my apartment!).


A set of glasses + caddy, an old kitchen scale, a huge Tonala bird, and a crazy wooden rhino wall hanging (I really couldn't leave it behind).

Did you thrift this weekend? Tell me what you found!


3 comments:

  1. Love your finds- that apron is darling!
    Here is San Diego, I find those birds and the like all over the place, I love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani, I'm so happy for you deciding to be an entrepreneur and knowing what you want so early in life. Congrats on the move, and you should keep that pan for your own! Gorgeous! Also, happy first anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the rhino! Super fun! :)

    www.scavengenius.com

    ReplyDelete