Those of you that follow me on Twitter have likely seen that I am in the process of moving into an apartment, so life has been a plate of scrambled eggs lately (the nasty, runny kind). I've had no time to photograph or list, and it's killing me. My business is one of my hobbies in a way, so I've been itching to start working on it again.
I did, of course, beat my schedule into submission and force it to make room for some thrifting. One of this month's thrifting adventures took place at the "
127 Sale", also known as the longest yard sale which begins 5 miles north of Addison, MI and ends in Gadsden, AL. Me, Jamie from
Grace Aberdean, Mandy from
Prose & Palaver, and Chelsea from
Bergenhouse all started in Gadsden and worked our way north. We had hoped to make it to the Tennessee line, but we only made it to Fort Payne, AL and decided to call it a day (with chips, salsa, and margaritas!).
 |
The four eager thrifters at the start of the trip.
From left to right: Mandy, Dani (me), Cheslea, & Jamie.
Picture from bergenhouse on instagram |
Here are some of my finds from the sale:
 |
| Old doctor bag w/ handle and long strap. the leather is worn, but you can tell this thing has some stories attached to it. Wish I knew who it belonged to or at least how old it is. |
 |
| Accordion shaving mirror. It has two hole at the base so it can be attached to a wall in the bathroom. The classy way to trim your beard and handlebar mustache. |
 |
| Two identical mid century Pachisi boards. Not the greatest condition, but they would look awesome hanging on a wall! (In fact, if they don't sell, that's exactly what I'm going to do with them). |
 |
| Two Nymolle Art Faience cigarette cups/saucer sets (originally, intended to be cigarette cups/ashtrays). One of the cups is part of a series for Nassau, Bahamas. Also, I found these fun roly poly glasses. I'm thinking 60's or 70's on these? I'm so bad with glassware. And pottery. And many other things. |
.jpg) |
| Four brass ducks in a row (stuck together) and a metal spring letter holder that looks like a...erm, sheep? Dog? |
 |
| Nifty, retro umbrella with Bakelite handle. |
 |
| Rustic kitchen scale (sold this one locally a few days after I got it). |
Gorgeous finds as always. I love that Doctor's Bag, and it's no surprise that scale sold quickly. I can never hold on to those. Good luck with your move, that always makes my life CHAOS. I'm not sure I'm completely settled in some four months after moving...
ReplyDelete