Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Intro + What to Expect from IforK


Learn a little about me (Dani), why I started this blog, and what to expect from future posts.

First post, oh boy. Like opening a new, blank journal and not wanting to mess it up. I guess I'll start with a bit about me:

I'm Dani, a thrifty second year college student with a passion for vintage, design, languages, and cultures. Last semester I began studying secondary education to become a foreign language teacher, but I have switched gears to studying anthropology (and will consequently be in school longer than expected. Fantastic...).

I recently discovered thrift shopping as an outlet for creativity and entrepreneurship as well as a way to combat chronic anxiety. So far, I've had more success with reselling vintage finds than I expected, and I'm so excited to see where this endeavor leads.

I love fun, bold, [sometimes] tacky items (especially, and predictably, ones with mod flowers or retro mushrooms on them). However, I've been introduced to the fanatical subculture of mid century modern design aficianados and have caught the MCM fever. You will likely see pictures of my style (or lack thereof..I'm not entirely sure yet) in future posts.

What to expect from Itch for Kitsch (IforK)
- Thrift finds post (what I bought on my thrifting adventures of the past week (or month, not sure yet!)
- Periodic Shop updates (most likely monthly) about how my shop is doing, what I've learned about reselling
- Interesting Links posts (collection of articles, sites of interest)
- Various other posts about design, thrifting, small business, Etsy, vintage, etc

I also plan on hosting some giveaways :)

I'm hoping to gain through this blog 1) accountability for obtaining my goals, 2) opportunities to "meet" other vintage/design/thrifting/small business lovers, and 3) to document my adventures.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave your social network links if we aren't already connected.

Cheers,

Dani @ Itch for Kitsch
IforK on Facebook, Twitter, and Etsy.

1 comment:

  1. You're going to LOVE blogging. Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete