Saturday, February 4, 2012
Thrift Haul, Week of 2/4/12
Thrift finds from this past week + some older finds that will make their way into the shop soon.
Yesterday, Chelsea (from Bergen House) and I took a thrift break out to our favorite store, and we went with a "grab everything, decide later" approach. I wish I would have taken a picture of our basket before we played "Keep or Toss?" with our finds. We were so close to needing a second basket.
Usually, we leave our basket at the end of the aisle we're working on (by working on, I mean fine-tooth combing for vintage awesomeness), but we try to keep an eye on our basket to make sure no one shops out of it (I want to bring a "This basket is in use -- no shopping, please" sign next time!) I hate to be the stingy vintage snob, but I just can't seem to help it. Back away from my loot slowly and quietly, please.
After much deliberation, I whittled my haul down to just a few items:
Earlier this week I went out to the thrift store to people watch (sounds creepy, right?) and "collect data" for an anthropology class assignment. It turned out to be more Anthropologie than anthropology:
Can't wait to wear those heels with a cute summer dress!
Speaking of dresses, I thrifted these vintage nightgowns recently, too:
Finally, here are some older finds that I have been procrastinating to list but will hopefully have up soon:
Thanks to everyone for the support and wonderful encouragement I've received lately! I took the plunge last month and decided to make this my only "job," and I am enjoying the freedom I have now to dedicate time and effort into something that brings me such joy. Don't worry, I didn't quit my previous job solely to flip thrift finds, but having more time to work on my shop has been a much needed positive element in my life.
Thanks so much for reading my first "thrift haul" post. Hope everyone has an excellent week!
What are you looking forward to in the next 7 days? Feel free to share in the comments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Congrats on your first post. Everything looks great! Your pictures get better and better. Great finds, love the shoes and the bags. I'll add your blog to my blog roll.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Beatriz! I am going to set up my blog roll soon and add you and the other thriftbreakers.
ReplyDeleteLoving the shoes and the sweet nightgowns... The blog is so pretty, too!
ReplyDelete