Sunday, February 26, 2012

Thrift Haul, Week of 2/19/12 & 2/26/12


Thrift finds from the week of February 19th & 26th. Prepare yourself for kitsch overload.

Since the weather and my free time haven't lined up as much as I would have liked these past two weeks, I've been late in posting my vintage finds. Finally, though, the sun came out today and I had time to photograph before & after church.


Last week, I went to my favorite thrift store in Birmingham to get away for a few hours, and I came back with some things that are now listed in the shop. The only things that I haven't listed from that trip are some kids books (not sure if I'm going to list them. Will probably just give them to someone) and clothing.
























Earlier this week I went to my local thrift (singular because we only have one in my area where I actually find decent things at reasonable prices) and picked up just a few things:







There's a Betty Crocker cookbook, some geometric fabric, a tribal tile (marked Pilkington)...








...and a blue electric typewriter that I, of course, couldn't leave behind.
Yesterday, my mom spontaneously decided she wanted to take me out to the area near where she works to hunt down some vintage. She works out in a town that could easily pass as Mayberry from the Andy Griffith show. Fortunately, there are a lot of rural thrifts out there, including a thrift store/hardware store/live bait shop (not kidding) where we found a lot of  kitschy knick-knacks.



And here are some mid century baby items I picked up:

br /> I have a LOT of listing to do, but I'm kind of excited about that. I thrive off of working toward a goal, especially when there's vintage involved. The shop has been doing better this month profit-wise than December, which is great, but I think I need to pace myself now. I read the book Great by Choice by Jim Collins, and it gave me a much needed reality check and reminded me not to overload myself. I tend to go on autopilot when I'm doing something I love which can eventually lead to burn out. Patience, young grasshopp'ah.

Hope everyone is having a great, relaxing weekend!

Did you thrift this past week? Have something fun to look forward to this coming week?

2 comments:

  1. I love the kitschy finds! I have a monsterous amount of things to list online too. Aaah, where to begin. I'll have to make a picture-taking schedule tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea. I was just thinking today how I want (and need) to make a list of everything that needs to be photographed and listed. Right now, I have vintage scattered around my room and work space. Having a list will help me keep track of what I have and not lose anything in the sea of vintage!

      Delete