If I had to write about my finds from the first part of this past week, the post would end soon after this sentence. My Monday thriftbreak yeilded nothing but a stuffy nose from all of the dust. Luckily, I went again on Friday to return some clothes and to make a quick sweep through the aisles. Two hours later, I came out of the store with clothes for the shop, clothes for me, and craft supplies. Some of my finds that will be in the shop soon:
Green + blue brocade wiggle dress, just in time for the new season of Mad Men! Woo! I did my homework and have concluded that it's from the late 1950s - early 60s. I had pretty much given up hope on finding a nice mid century dress at my local thrift, but I stumbled upon this one by accident, so my faith has been renewed. Next on my thrift wishlist: vintage cigarette pants.
BAM! I found this 1980s gold sequin, high waisted skirt and paired it with a clasp belt (that I thrifted, of course!).
In case you haven't noticed, I have been REALLY digging tribal/Aztec/geometric patterns lately. Couldn't pass on this magenta double knit fabric. I have a stash of more fabric than anyone like me with the inability to finish a craft project should.
I tweeted earlier this week about my typewriter projects and promised to post some pictures of them.
The first photo is of an Olivetti Studio 44 & it's white case. Both needed to be cleaned (still trying to remove the dirt from the case little by little so I don't pass out from the Goof-Off fumes). I've cleaned the machine, lubricated its keys with a silicone spray, and I just replaced the old ink ribbon with a new one. I'm still trying to figure out if I installed it correctly, but I'll hopefully have it running smoothly and in the shop shortly.
The typewriter on the right is a Sears Citation 2, and I like this one's form a little better, but it's missing the spacebar. Sad day. I'll probably keep this one for personal use or just sell it for parts/decor. I may be a little nuts, but I'd still use it and display it even if it's missing a key. Portable, non-neutral colored typewriters make me swoon.
I have these things and so much more to list, but I've just got to get motivated to do it. My organizational skills have been lacking lately, but I'm going to set small goals for myself to get things sorted out. When I get stressed, I forget more things and become more disheveled, so stressing about organizing is unproductive.
![]() |
| This is my current filing system for receipts. Going to make a few changes this week like, maybe, completely re-do the system. |
What did you find this week? What do you plan to do this week?





Great dresses! Love 'em!
ReplyDeleteMe too! Can't wait to list them! :)
DeleteOhhhh what gorgeous typewriters! I'm such a sucker for them :D
ReplyDeleteI am too! That's probably why I impulse buy any cute ones at the thrift store..whether or not I think I can restore them. I can't resist..
DeleteLove your filing system! No, really, all your finds this week are great, and the typewriters are gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteThanks! Lol, I started actually filing the receipts yesterday, but it's very tedious. And I haven't even begun doing taxes for this month. OMG.
Delete